Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Project Pie: Pizza Nirvana


["From the archive" entries are re-posts from my old blog, Random Fries]

It's official. I'm in a relationship with pizza and we'll get married someday.



Of course I'm kidding. But if there's a certain food that's hard for me to refuse, it's pizza. I can gobble up a whole box in one sitting and would probably have another one the next day.

So when Project Pie came here and was told that I can have my own custom pizza, I planned to go and splurge. I mean, come on, you can choose your own toppings, sauce, etc. with your name on it! It's like going to your regular cafe to order your tall cup of coffee with and/or without the things you like and hate. And again, your name's on it.

It's yours. Own it.

As for me, I wanted my own "Cam" pizza. So after months of actually nagging people to go with me, the plan finally materialized last January. (Yes, I'm posting this only now. But you can still sense how excited I was then, yes?)

When Project Pie opened a franchise at Blue Bay Walk (that's in EDSA Macapagal, Pasay City, near Mall of Asia), that's the sign that I have to go. It was near my place anyway. I tried looking for their Shaw branch but it was hard to locate. I gave up.

So... let me tell you my story of how I found pizza nirvana. It was one fateful day...


Ta-daa! Evident mixed emotions!
Going there's quite easy if you're driving from EDSA going to Mall of Asia. That's near Petron in Macapagal Blvd.

I haven't taken photos of the exteriors because it was too hot outside. We went there on a Friday; just in time for lunch and people were already coming in.

Super cozy...
For first-timers, you won't be confused on how to order because the doorman will ask you if it is, indeed, your first time there. He will gladly explain to you what to do. He'll even hand you out a copy of the menu.

And spacious. There's room for everyone!
Project Pie's crew were so nice. We were welcomed warmly by the time we stepped in. They guided us in creating our own pizza. There are seven pies to choose from, varying from white to red sauce, with different kinds of meat, veggies and cheese toppings. You can also order gluten-free crust if you want. Base price is at P285, except for the classic cheese pie at P245. There can be add-ons, too.

I ordered Pie No. 5 which includes: mozzarella, ricotta, gorgonzola, parmesan, cracked black pepper, olive oil, garlic, and fresh chopped basil. It's a white pizza.


Put all the meat I want!
My boyfriend ordered Pie No. 6: grilled chicken, sliced red onion, cilantro, mozzarella, gorgonzola, and BBQ sauce. This, on the other hand, is a red pizza.

Saucy!
For dessert, we had Nutella and Banana Pizza. I highly recommend this! It's only P145.



For the drinks, we had China Mist Iced Tea and soda. Those were only P65 each, refillable for three rounds.

Overall I think we only paid less than P800. Can I say super sulit?

We got our money's worth! Not to mention good service from the Project Pie people. Good job, guys!

Therefore, I can say I found my pizza heaven already. I'll try to go here every once a month. I'll try. When my taste buds are craving it.

***

Time: Less than an hour of preparation. Not bad; the usual regular waiting time for pizza. Or door-step delivery.

Service: Again, thumbs up for the people working there!

Restroom: There's only one common restroom; one washing area beside it

Place: Table set up varies from groups of 4 to 10 (estimated). So it's good for barkada food trips.

Verdict: 4.5 out of 5


Highly recommended for all those pizza lovers out there---like me!

'Til next food adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment