Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Mayhem: VRC to MNL

After a much-needed five-day break spent in my hometown, I'm back in Manila!



Obviously, I wasn't that excited returning to the city. Can't blame myself. It's been months since I last visited the island and probably another few months before I could return.

But anyway, saving all the stories for another post soon. Meanwhile, let me share what happened today!

Virac Airport

As I already have a dreadful experience in arriving late for flights, I made sure this time I was early for the check-in. And because I have to be at the airport at around 6 a.m., my lack of sleep made me feel groggy and dazed.

(By the way, when I traveled to Virac, I was carrying a luggage. I didn't bring much but surprisingly, I exceeded the baggage limit which prompted me to remove almost half of my stuff. Later we found out that the luggage itself weighed 3 kilos!

Useful tip: If you're ticket's allowing you to have a hand-carry baggage only, make sure your bag's not heavier than your valuables. 

That said, I have to always remind myself not to carry a luggage again. I was only opting for convenience, mind you.)

Anyway, I was thankful that the flight's on time. Luckily, I was seated near the aisle (as I always prefer the window seat) because I easily won this from Cebu Pacific's game:

Tutti-frutti-colored pouch!
That's despite of my sleep deprivation! Hah!

The whole trip went on smoothly, and finally, I arrived in Manila. My boyfriend, who waited for me at the arrival, asked if we could eat first before he goes to work. We have been craving Project Pie even before I left for Bicol and being huge fans of pizza, we decided to head to Blue Bay Walk in Edsa-Macapagal for brunch.

Pizza Nirvana!
I've blogged about Project Pie before (that blog's been deactivated, sorry) yet the feeling of excitement upon arriving there was still inevitable. It's pizza, mygoodness!

(Maybe I should re-post that Project Pie review. Yes? Okay.)

The thing I like about Project Pie is you get to create your own pie; you choose your sauce, toppings, and add-ons. A whole pizza only costs about P300. A drink with three rounds of refill is only P65.

Here are our orders:

Mine.
My order's pizza #5: white-sauce based with several cheese toppings. Meatless. I also added jalapeƱos for extra spice.

His.
His was pizza #2: red sauce with meat toppings. Also with jalapeƱos. And pineapples.

After Project Pie, I asked him if we could go to Hot Star Large Fried Chicken just so I can show him the place.

The view outside Hot Star.
We ended up ordering chicken popcorns (P95) for take-out.

Lunch time!
Hot Star opened a branch in Katipunan just recently. If you want to know more about it, read my article published in the Inquirer on March. Link here: Taiwan's famous street-food chicken invades PH.

So, as if we weren't satisfied yet with all the food we had and have, we went to J. Co. for dessert!

Donuts!
We ordered three donuts, all in chocolate variants. Oreology, Don Mochino, and this Halloween treat, Tricky Spidey.
Trick or treat!
With full tummies, we went ahead. Me? I finally got back to my apartment and had my much-needed rest.

***

Slept the whole afternoon! Tomorrow's another day, yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment