Friday, October 17, 2014

Flawless Friday: Music of the Week



[Flawless Fridays are fun days. Anything that trended, tasted, or faved.]

I know, I'm no music expert, but I will be posting my weekly playlist composed of my current LSS (or should I say, Last Songs Syndrome?).

For this week, here are my picks:


1. Rather Be - Pentatonix (Clean Bandit cover)
I like Clean Bandit's original all right, but I think I like this one's better. Came across this in my Youtube feed (I am subscribed in Pentatonix's channel) and had it stuck in my head for days now. Do you know that feeling when you're itching to go to particular places? Whenever I hear this particular rendition, I feel that.


2. Out of the Woods - Taylor Swift
Yes, because I'm a "Swiftie" convert. Haha. So this one came out last Monday and I was late for the party. I only listened to it two days after the official release and maaaan, Taylor Swift. Rumors say it's her song to Harry Styles. Not sure of that and I actually don't care. I like this song.

And to quote Buzzfeed, "weirdly specific lyrics." Yes, indeed.


3. Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
Of course, after Taylor Swift, we have Ed Sheeran. *hint hint* Hah, just kidding. Apparently, Ed's not only a singer, but a dancer as well. Or did he dance? Nevertheless, it has the same feel-good Sheeran shenanigan on it.


4. Marry Me - Jason Derulo
It's the John Prats-Isabel Oli proposal video's fault. Well, I had this LSS months ago, before my friend's wedding (she's now finally married) and we were scouting for songs to play for her big day. This came to our list but didn't made it to the actual event. Oh well. Now I think it's everyone's favorite because of the viral proposal video. 

And I did realized that I like most of Jason Derulo's songs. Wiggle that, Jason.

5. Echosmith - Cool Kids
I wish that I could be like the cool kids/
'Cause all the cool kids they seem to fit in/
I wish that I could be like the cool kids/
Like the cool kids

Some would think that this song's too hipster but this is perfect. Do I still have to explain? 


6. I'm Not the Only One - Sam Smith
I can't even take the lyrics, "But when you called me baby/ I know I'm not the only one..." Ouch.

***

I only have six so I'll be adding special-mentions (which, in this case, aren't real songs):


- The Butt Anthem for Girls Without Big Booties - Buzzfeed Video
Well, aside from detesting what she said (sang?) about print media being dead, I agree on the whole thing. *hear hear!* Here's to girls with minimal to none butts!


- How to Write a Taylor Swift Song - Buzzfeed Video (starring Ashley Perez)
In reference to my No. 2, here it is! Probably played this hundreds of times already. And I like the mob dance part in the last few minutes of the video. 

It must be fun working for Buzzfeed, eh? 

So there's my weekly recap of the songs I liked and played more than dozens of times. What's yours?

***
Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment