Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wholesome Wednesday: Jux Ain't Dead Yet

[Something light for the week, I give you... Wholesome Wednesdays.]

Jux ain't dead. I thought it was.


Rumors had it on May that photoblogging platform Jux.com will be closing down due to slow growth. It was reported that the site will be shut down on August of this same year. I assumed that the reports were true and my own avenue for my amateur photography was really over.




I discovered Jux through fashion blogger Cheyser Pedregosa. Aside from her The Walking Recessionista, she keeps her outstanding photos in her Jux account: Walk With Cheys.

Cheyser's Jux.
After getting hooked with it, I created my own account and started posting my own stack of photos. Cam on Cam was born at the start of year 2013.

Homepage.
I'm not even a photographer. My sole photography background was when I took a Photojournalism class way back in college. (And we used film cameras then.) I don't have a decent digital camera that's why I've learned to maximize the use of camera phones.

That explains the description to my photoblog: "A mere point and shoot... until something clicks."

I have a collection of photos of the things that have amused me and storing it in an organized site was pretty much a good idea. Jux also has excellent features such as placing captions within the photo (giving you that hipster feel), adding an entire article to accompany the photo, uploading a video clip, and anti-photo theft. (Your right-click + Save As won't work, try it.)

To even set the trend, I asked some of my photographer friends and officemates to join Jux. Most of them tried and were into it afterwards.

But the novelty wore off to some time, leaving my account outdated. The last photo I have posted was this:

Posted on March.

Never thought that my Jux was waiting for my return. Haha! 

There are a bunch of saved photos in my computer that are left for my eyes only. Somehow a waste. I remembered my Jux and decided to check on it.

I decided to talk about Jux's death for this post. So the first thing I did was to search for whatever was salvaged from my photo site, and lo and behold! The whole thing still exists!

On July 18, Jux announced that they will remain "open and active..." to its subscribers.

Yehey!
I completely forgot about Jux and now that it's still there, it's time to revive an old interest. Time to Jux again, everyone!

***

If you're in Jux, too, follow me:

If you're not, it's okay. 
You can check anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment